- Rowing and canoeing is cyclic and very dynamic sport. The task of each athlete is to come to the finish line first. The sport is unique and multifaceted. When rowing, the whole body works. In winter, we ski, swim in the pool to increase endurance, and raise the bar, pumping muscles.
- There are two types of watercraft: kayak and canoe. Inside there is a steering wheel with which we set a clear course. We rule with our feet in the process of movement. The boat for one athlete is called the "loner", for two - the "deuce", for four - the "four". Kayaking speed can be serious.
Yura and I accelerated the "deuce" to 27.8 km / h.
- Athletes on kayaks row a paddle, which consists of a forearm and two shoulder blades, to the left and right of the sides. The pace at a distance can be more than 170 strokes per minute. In the "lone" and "deuce" row at a distance of 200 and 500 meters, in the "four" - only 500 meters.
There is also a long distance - 5 km. It is included in the program of world and European championships. At the Olympic Games they compete in the “alone” for 200 meters, in the four - for 500 meters and in the “single” or “two” - for one kilometer.
Yuri Postrigay and Alexander Dyachenko at the 2012 Olympic Games
- The back muscles work the most in rowing, the pectoral muscles and the press work a little less. Hands with legs also participate, but the load on them is less - you can’t get far on your hands.
Rowing develops strength, endurance, speed and patience, and it is also a very spectacular sport. Many are engaged as amateurs for the pleasure of the process. You can row professionally up to 38 years old, this is an age-specific sport. While rowing - you feel an incredible atmosphere.
Rowing is a non-traumatic sport.
Injury can only be obtained from improper actions - for example, if you do not warm up well. The athlete must undergo a full medical examination twice a year in order to exclude health problems.
- Everyone can do rowing, the main thing is to show zeal and desire.
- Rowing is worth a try to feel the excitement, adrenaline. You become stronger, and it gives a feeling of flying on the water.
- Now the sport has reached gender equality, therefore women are also engaged rowing. They have the same programs as men. No need to be afraid of a too "swayed" body. Thanks to rowing exercises, the body develops symmetrically, girls-athletes have beautiful figures.
- In the summer we constantly row.
A week - ten workouts of 2-2.5 hours. It all depends on the degree of readiness. During the competition, we arrange short intensive training. In the preparation period, we develop endurance and strength.
Still there are fees lasting 21 days, in the year 10-11 fees. During the year we go by boat about 2.5-3 thousand kilometers.
In the gym we work with a barbell, we develop strength and endurance. On the water - we work out the tactics of passing the distance and technical nuances.
- For rowing lessons in warm weather you need a T-shirt with a short sleeve, short shorts and a cap. In winter, we put on thermal underwear, leggings, a vest and a hat.
- On the site of our Cup there is a map on which rowing sections are marked. In Moscow, this is the Krylatskoye Sports Training Center, the Youth of Moscow Sports and Fitness Association, Moscow City Sports and Fitness Association of Moscomsport ( MGFSO).
Classes are held on reservoirs and canals.
The main thing before the first training is to learn safety procedures and learn to swim. Water is a source of increased danger, so beginners need to stay in a group of at least two people and engage in the supervision of a coach.