FitNavigator. ru / edition
The material was prepared by the site team with the support of our experts: athletes, trainers and nutrition specialists. Our team. .
Consider another type of so-called plyometric push-ups, namely - Spartan push-ups.
This exercise is a bit simpler than the more well-known and widespread variation - cotton push-ups. But, nevertheless, it is also aimed at the development of explosive power, which allows for a short period of time to develop a powerful force and increase the physical characteristics of an athlete. In general, if you are fond of plyometrics, try to diversify your workout with this exercise.
What muscles work
The main load falls on the same muscle groups as with most types of push-ups:
- large pectoral;
- triceps shoulders (triceps);
Many other auxiliary muscles also work, allowing you to hold the body in position.
The correct technique
Spartan push-ups are performed from the emphasis (on the palms) lying down. The brushes are located slightly wider than the shoulders. The key difference between this exercise is the setting of the hands. You will need to put one hand lower - approximately at the level of the belt. This is the starting position.
- From the starting position, go down to the parallel with the floor, take a breath. The chest at the bottom almost touches the floor.
- On the exhale, push up and with a powerful explosive force push the body to the highest point. You need to develop enough effort to tear your hands off the floor and have time to swap them.
- We change hands - the hand located at chest level falls to the level of the belt, and the second hand, respectively, moves from the level of the belt to the level of the chest.
- Go down to the bottom point and perform another repeat, again going to the top point and changing hands. Do the required number of repetitions.
Thus, at runtime your hands should not be on the same line. However, there is a variation that can be recommended to beginners as an intermediate.
You can add additional repetition by starting the exercise by placing your hands in one line, lowering one hand lower in the next repetition, returning your hands in one line in the next repetition, then lowering the second hand to the level of the belt and etc.
Below are a few useful recommendations that will help you perform the exercise correctly and get the most benefit:
- You should not perform the exercise in the presence of injuries of the elbow joints , brushes and shoulder girdle - this is a 100% contraindication.
- For beginners who are just beginning to learn push-ups, it is recommended that you first learn the usual push-ups with different positions of the hands, and only then go on to complications to avoid injuries.
- Be sure to pre-warm up.
- Keep your body straight, do not help with the movements of the pelvis. In other words, your body and legs should be in a straight line.
Plyometric exercises are characterized by high calorie consumption, so they can be used as fat-burning . Of course, you must also have an appropriate diet to get the desired effect.
Was the article helpful to you?
It is unfortunate that the article was not useful to you.
We ask for your advice!
Thank you for your feedback!
FitNavigator. ru / edition
The material was prepared by the site team with the support of our experts: athletes, trainers and nutrition specialists.
Our team. .