FitNavigator. ru / edition
The material was prepared by the site team with the support of our experts: athletes, trainers and nutrition specialists. Our team. .
Hammer flexion is one of the classic exercises for the development of biceps and shoulder muscles.
It helps to make biceps voluminous and embossed, as well as increase the width of the forearm in a short time. Exercise is also known as a hammer or hammer.
Features of the exercise
- brachialis (brachial muscle);
- brachioradialis (brachioradialis muscle);
- round pronator.
One exercise helps to develop a number of small muscles.
Some trainers attribute the hammer to basic exercises, but this is not entirely true. Developed muscle groups are too small. Moreover, the movement is carried out due to the work of one joint. For these reasons, it is more correct to consider it isolated.
The main plus of this type of flexion is that it allows you to increase the total muscle mass of the hands.
Muscle development is complex, and you will definitely be pleased with the final result.
The grip you use directly affects which muscles get the main load. Before you start training, pay attention to the following nuances:
- The more the palm looks down, the greater the load on the brachialis.
- The more the palm is turned up, the greater the load on the biceps.
- Neutral grip, when palms are directed towards each other, uniformly loads both of these muscles.
Choosing which grip to hold the dumbbells, think about what muscles you want to develop in the first place.
How to do the exercise? First you need to find the right weight for the dumbbells. It is usually recommended to work with a weight that allows you to perform 8-10 repetitions.
If you are an experienced athlete, then you can choose super heavy weight for 4-6 reps, and perform the last lifts, helping yourself with your body. But this practice requires perfectly refined motion technique.
It is necessary to break this very technique skillfully, understanding the process of muscle work. Otherwise, there is a big risk of getting grass.
The correct implementation of the hammer bends is as follows:
- After you determine the load, take the starting position. Stand straight and put your feet shoulder width apart.
A small natural deflection should form in the lower back. Make sure your posture is comfortable enough and stable.
- Fix the elbows on the sides of the body. Make sure that they do not move forward or backward during the exercise.
- Take dumbbells with a neutral grip.
Neutral grip means that palms with dumbbells are looking at each other.
- As you exhale, raise your arms almost to shoulder level. Achieve peak muscle contraction. It is important to say that the peak contraction of the biceps occurs somewhat earlier than the hand touches the shoulder. Bringing the forearm to a vertical position, you remove the load from the biceps and transfer it to the tendons.
Therefore, hands should be raised without bringing the forearm to a vertical position. Try to concentrate on doing the exercise and be aware of the muscles. This is a very useful skill for an athlete. Hold at the top peak for a few seconds.
- Slowly lower the dumbbells down, returning to the starting position.
Without lingering, again raise your arms.
- Repeat the required number of times (8-12), take a break and do another 2-3 sets.
The hammer can be made sitting or standing, lifting dumbbells simultaneously or alternately. It all depends on your physical fitness.
If the above exercise seemed too complicated for you, you can simplify it a bit.
To get started, change the starting position. Sit on a bench, spread your legs wide and straighten your back. Next, try lifting the dumbbells alternately and simultaneously. Usually the simultaneous lifting of dumbbells is simpler, since in this case it is easier to coordinate movements.
Hand exercises will be most effective if you follow a series of simple rules.
To improve your training results, pay attention to the following recommendations:
- Begin each lesson with a warm-up. Rotational movements in the joints and energetic warming up of the muscles of the hands will make further lifting the dumbbells less traumatic.
- Make sure that during the approach the position of the dumbbells in your palms does not change, and each subsequent lift is performed with the same grip. Exactly grip affects the distribution of load on biceps and brachialis.
- Avoid unnecessary movements during the exercise.
The tilt of the body and the instability of the elbow significantly reduce the load on the biceps, thereby making the occupation less effective.
- Train at a moderate pace and do not pause unnecessarily. Finish with stretching the target muscles.
When mastering a hammer, it is better not to extend your arms to the end at the bottom point. So the muscles will maintain tension during the entire exercise.
Hammers are an exercise that increases the volume of the biceps and gives it relief in the shortest possible time. Combining it with other exercises for the hands, you can achieve amazing results.
Was the article helpful to you?
It is unfortunate that the article was not useful to you.
We ask your advice!
Thank you for your feedback!
FitNavigator.ru / edition
The material was prepared by the site team with the support of our experts: athletes, trainers and nutrition specialists.
Our team. .