FitNavigator. ru / edition
The material was prepared by the site team with the support of our experts: athletes, trainers and nutrition specialists. Our team. .
French bench press is a popular strength exercise for developing triceps.
The article will discuss its modified version. If you perform this movement on the lower block, you will achieve impressive results.
First of all, the French bench press uses triceps, especially its long head. If you do the exercise regularly, soon the triceps will stand out noticeably from the rest of the arm. In addition, the clarity of the separation of biceps and triceps will increase, which will make your hands more embossed and your body effective.
Exercise also makes a number of auxiliary muscles work, in particular, the ulnar muscle. She is actively involved in the movement, as she is also responsible for extending the arm at the elbow.
In order for the movement to be as effective as possible, perform the average number of repetitions with a large number of approaches. Beginners are recommended to do 3-4 sets of 7-12 repetitions.
It is best to train the triceps on the lower block in the middle of the lesson. Alternatively, you can do a bench press in front of him while standing or sitting, and after it you can perform extension of the arms in an inclination.
Exercise is allowed for all athletes, from beginners to professionals. The only contraindication is fresh spinal injury.
How to perform the French bench press? To get started, prepare the simulator.
The most convenient for performing exercises on the block will be the rope handle.
Take a comfortable position, moving away from the simulator in two steps.
- Grip the handle firmly with both hands. Bend your arms at the elbow, lift them up, put your palms behind your back. The elbows should be stable; do not push them apart too much.
Make sure your forearms are parallel to the floor. Look straight ahead. This is the starting position.
- Exhale and straighten your arms above your head. Do it slowly, without a jerk.
- On inhalation, return to the starting position. Throughout the movement of the elbows should be fixed.
- Do the intended number of repetitions, rest for a minute, and repeat the exercise.
If at the moment you find it difficult to do the French bench press on the bottom block, you can simplify it. Place the bench parallel to the simulator and sit on it.
In this position, the load is somewhat redistributed, which will allow you to perform the bench press qualitatively and work out the muscles. After about a month, you can go to the standard version of the exercise and do it while standing.
The following recommendations will enhance the effectiveness of your workouts.
- Fix the torso and legs in one position, keep your back straight, keeping a slight deflection in the lower back.
- Try holding your breath slightly in the effort phase.
- At the top point of the amplitude, fully straighten your arms above your head. Exhale and hold in this position for a few seconds.
- You do not need to stop at the lower point, you can immediately start a new repeat.
French bench press allows you to intensively work out the triceps and make your hands more embossed. The first changes will be noticeable after a few months.
Was the article helpful to you?
There are no ratings yet. Put the first one!
It is unfortunate that the article was not useful to you.
We ask your advice!
Thank you for your feedback!
FitNavigator. ru / edition
The material was prepared by the site team with the support of our experts: athletes, trainers and nutrition specialists. Our team.