FitNavigator. ru / edition
The material was prepared by the site team with the support of our experts: athletes, trainers and nutrition specialists. Our team. .
We will work on the development of the deltoid muscles.
This exercise will strengthen and build shoulders, visually increase their width. Lifting dumbbells over your head is usually performed while standing and requires a minimum level of training. The main thing is not to use too much weight and observe the technique as accurately as possible, in order to avoid injury to the elbow or shoulder joints.
Exercise loads primarily the deltoid muscle, which, as you know, is the brachial muscle that forms the external contour of the shoulder. In other words, powerful and broad shoulders are a consequence of a developed delta.
The anatomically deltoid muscle consists of three bundles:
- middle or lateral;
The lifting of dumbbells above the head is directed to the middle (they are also lateral) bunches and back. The trapezius muscle (upper back and back of the neck) also works, and the shoulder joints are further strengthened.
Mixing is performed while standing:
- Take dumbbells in your hands.
Hands are straight, pointing down along the body.
- Place your feet shoulder-width apart. You can bend your knees slightly in order to provide additional stability. The arms can also bend slightly at the elbow to reduce the likelihood of joint injury. The back is straight, the gaze is directed forward.
- As you inhale, lift the dumbbells. It is important to lift not in front of you, but precisely through the sides, until the dumbbells seem to be above your head.
- While lifting, turn your arms so that the palms at the top point are facing forward. It is better to unfold at the moment when the dumbbells are approximately at shoulder level. At the upper point, when the flattening takes place, it is not necessary to straighten the arms; they should remain slightly bent at the elbows.
Be sure to keep your arms above your head, not at shoulder line level.
- Breathe out, slowly returning to the starting position.
You can hold your breath while lifting. This helps to focus on the necessary effort and helps to maintain balance, which is important, since the exercise is performed while standing.
Once again, we note that lifting dumbbells over your head is not recommended with too much dumbbell weight.
Following the right technique is much more important than weight. The exercise should be done very smoothly, without sharp jerks.
Moreover, excessively heavy dumbbells simply will not allow you to follow the technique exactly: jerks will occur, and you won’t be able to raise your hands high enough. Finally, this can lead to injury to the joints.
During the exercise, try to feel how the target muscles work during the reduction. The sensation should occur when the arms rise about 30 ° in relation to the body, you will feel the maximum tension when the arm is about 45 ° in relation to the shoulder line.
With caution, standing down should be done to people who have cardiovascular diseases. It is better to consult with your doctor first.
Injured joints are one hundred percent reason to refrain from doing the exercise.
This is especially true of the elbow and shoulder joints, which account for the main load.
Was the article helpful to you?
It is unfortunate that the article was not useful to you.
We ask for your advice!
Thank you for your feedback!
FitNavigator. ru / edition
The material was prepared by the site team with the support of our experts: athletes, trainers and nutrition specialists. Our team.