FitNavigator. ru / edition
The material was prepared by the site team with the support of our experts: athletes, trainers and nutrition specialists. Our team. .
If you want to achieve perfect posture and forget about lower back pain, be sure to include exercises to strengthen your back muscles in your workout .
For example, an exercise cat with a swing press, which not only effectively works out the muscles supporting the spine, but also has a noticeable effect on the abdominal muscles.
Features of the exercise
Kitty is an exercise that has come into the world of fitness and physiotherapy exercises from yoga. It allows you to safely and effectively act on the entire central part of the body. This made him an indispensable part of many training programs.
An important advantage of this classic exercise is its complex effect on the body.
It not only relieves pain in the back caused by scoliosis and a sedentary lifestyle, but also supports the work of the respiratory system, intensively supplying them with oxygen. The cat is recommended for those who suffer from frequent bronchitis and low immunity.
What muscles are affected when a cat is performed?
- The entire group of muscles responsible for extension of the back.
- The muscles that bend the back, namely: the rectus abdominis muscle, the external and internal oblique muscles.
Exercise does not require serious physical preparation, therefore it will be effective even in the case of self-study.
If you are determined to get a noticeable result, do not forget about the importance of systematic training.
It is advisable to make a cat daily, combining it with exercises for other muscle groups. Training time does not play a fundamental role, but still it is not recommended to conduct it immediately after a meal. Ideally, 1.5-2 hours should elapse between eating and doing the exercise.
You don’t need special equipment for training, so you can do it at home. For your comfort, you can use a gymnastic rug or a soft towel to reduce the load on your knees.
In order to do the exercise correctly, take the correct starting position. To do this:
- stand on all fours;
- place your palms firmly on the floor, point your fingers forward;
- make sure that your arms are straight and your legs bent at right angles.
Now you can start the exercise.
- Take a deep breath and twist the pelvis inward, while rounding your back and lowering your head. The abdominal muscles are tense in this position, and the back is stretched.
- On inhalation, slowly return to the starting position.
- Inhale again and bend your back in the opposite direction, raising your head and pelvis up. Now, on the contrary, the back muscles work, and the press relaxes.
- The exercise ends with a return to the starting position on inspiration.
The entire described cycle should be repeated 5-10 times. In intermediate positions, it is necessary to linger on 8-10 accounts.
We eliminate common mistakes
Despite the apparent simplicity of the exercise, beginners often do it wrong.
Avoid pain in the back and neck while performing movements. The pace should be slow, and transitions from one position to another should be smooth.
In order to avoid mistakes and make your back training as effective as possible, pay attention to the following points:
- The correct starting position assumes that the knees are located strictly under the pelvis, and the palms under the shoulders .
- Make sure that your stomach is taut throughout the exercise.
- For better deflection, try to raise your head as high as possible.
Exercise cat is indispensable for those who want to reduce the manifestation of pain in the back and improve posture. Just a few months of daily performance is guaranteed to improve your well-being and appearance.
Was the article helpful to you?
It is unfortunate that the article was not useful to you.
We ask your advice!
Thank you for your feedback!
FitNavigator. ru / edition
The material was prepared by the site team with the support of our experts: athletes, trainers and nutrition specialists.
Our team. .