Especially for readers of The Challenger, architect Nikita Shilov made a route (you can walk it, or you can run it), which passes through some of the main objects of modern Moscow architecture and will especially appeal to those who live in Khamovniki or wants to explore this area for a long time.
Start from the Park Kultury metro station. The finish line is Kropotkinskaya metro station.
Photo: kr-32ro. ru
The building was built in 1897.
As a business center, it was put into operation in November 2004, and in 2005 it received the title of “Best Class B Business Center” according to Commercial Real Estate. Mamontov Business Center is the first reconstructed building on the territory of the Krasnaya Roza 1875 business quarter. The architectural workshop of Sergey Kiselyov developed the urban planning concept of the entire quarter. The anchor tenant is the Kalashnikov concern.
In the XVIII century, on the spot where the buildings of the "Red Rose" were located, stood the Vsevolozhsky estate. After the revolution, the factory was nationalized. By this time, about 60 factory buildings had already appeared on the territory of the former Vsevolozhsky estate. In 1924, at the request of the factory staff, it was renamed the "Red Rose" - in honor of Rosa Luxemburg. Now it is the headquarters of Yandex.
Photo: kr-95ro. ru
Class B Business Center "Stroganov" is the third reconstructed building of the Krasnaya Roza 1875 business quarter. An interesting trick is not to hide communications, but to make them part of the facade. Therefore, the facade is formed by ventilation ducts and fire escape.
Elite residential complex. Previously, the Khamovnichesky Brewery was located here - one of the oldest in Russia. Authorship of the architectural studio "Sergey Kiselev and partners." Each volume is composed of two “halves” - white and red, and from house to house their order changes, so that each yard takes on an individual look.
The house on Burdenko street is a notable building. She continues and develops the favorite topics of the architect Sergei Skuratov: the house is textured and sculptural, with a rough and multi-colored brick facade. In some angles, the house looks like a fortress tower. It consists of three different volumes, each of which designates or reacts to one of the types of surrounding buildings. The middle of the house is five-story, it “catches” the scale of tenement houses and a building built nearby in 1959.
And finally, on the border with the Accounts Chamber, where it was impossible to build anything high due to insolation, a city villa built into the house appeared - a luxury of our time.
Photo: metr170rice. ru
The feeling that this building "from there" - from eerie, but stylish thirties - does not disappear. It's funny that the house was originally given the name "Kandinsky". In the next house in the 22nd apartment from 1914 to 1916, the great Russian artist really lived.
He is famous not only for being the pioneer of nonlinear abstractionism, brought together the search for the German "Blue Horseman" and the Russian "Jack of Diamonds", combined painting and music in his work. But the fact that his avant-garde works are very beautiful, everyone likes and sells great.
Photo: the-village. ru // Denis Yesakov
The author of the project is the Ostozhenka architectural bureau. In the decoration of the facades, voluminous ceramics of German production and titanium-zinc are used.
The facade of the building with apartments has an interesting wave-like shape, the highlight of the external appearance is given by the silk-screen printing pattern of maple leaves on the windows. This type of window has not only an aesthetic function: from the side of the street, the light sources look like an impenetrable mirror. Initially, the Ostozhenka Park Palace residential complex was located on the first line of the street, but after the construction of the wedge house, the specific apartments of the elite complex began to look out the windows of the new building.
Photo: metr230rice. ru
All this beauty arose, as is customary in Moscow, solely for the sake of insolation - to give more light to the second line.
They debated whether to make a single long house here or break it into several volumes, but the architects were able to escape from monotony even at 150 meters. And it’s not a fashionable technique for bringing down the rhythm of window openings, but a pair of very original glass “tumors”. For one of them is an autonomous "house in the house" with a personal pool at the top, which is also a typological innovation, and, conversely, a reference to the tradition of a private house. After all, until recently they had built up this entire quarter between Ostozhenka and the Moscow River.
ru // Denis Yesakov
The story of the creation of the project from Alexander Skokan: “Once three people came to our office who introduced themselves as bankers and asked if there was a suitable place nearby for the construction of the bank. The times were different, everything was decided somehow informally and easily, now it’s not there anymore. We quickly found this beautiful place on Prechistenskaya embankment, and it all happened. I even remember how we met with representatives of the bank near the Dynamo metro station, I gave them some first sketches. There were a lot of ideas.
The building stands on the banks of the Moskva River, and at one time we wanted to make a ship steering wheel on it, but in the end we chose another project. This was the first construction of a commercial bank in the country since the October Revolution, and we wanted to pay tribute to that era, the beginning of the 20th century. "
Photo: metr279rice. Ru
It so happened historically that all the houses in Butikovsky Lane are filled with architectural content. Maybe even too much.
The roof of the house is sloping back so that the reconstructed bell tower of the Zachatievsky Monastery can be seen from the other side of the embankment. Each lamella has its own angle of rotation to create a noticeable movement, so that the facade does not look mechanical, but as if alive. You look from the corner - you don’t seem to see anything that’s happening inside - it’s not clear, but the light penetrates everywhere and creates such a soft volume. And at night the house glows from the inside.
Photo: metr308rice ru
One of Skuratov’s early projects.
Laureate of the Moscow Architecture Review 2002 for the best building project, laureate of the competition for the best building at the ArkhMoskva 2003 festival, as well as the Golden Diploma, diploma and press prize Ikar at the International Architecture 2003 festival.
Photo: madeinfuture. ru
This house is quite a long time - two years! - held the glory of the best house in Moscow. He collected all the possible prizes, he was published in all magazines and was well received by the architectural community - and this is very rare in Moscow. At the same time, he was considered the most expensive house.
A square meter was sold for $ 10,000, which at that time was a record. Prior to this, "elite" houses practically deprived of architecture, and interesting projects stuck in the hands of negligent builders. The reasons for the paradox are understandable: "non-advanced" developers did not see in architecture the factor that creates added value to the home. Having ordered a non-standard project, the customer quickly became horrified by how much all this would cost, and began to convulsively save.
ru // Denis Yesakov
The complex consists of three six-story buildings. At ground level, they are united by a recreation gallery. From the side of the main facade, all three volumes cantilevered above the gallery by almost eight meters. To finish the complex, patinated copper was used. Only the northern wall is lined with Jurassic marble of a light beige hue - in rhyme to the buildings located in the alley, where natural stone is the dominant material.
At the same time, the wall is devoid of windows, which is explained by the desire to eliminate visual contact with the neighboring building, located only 12 meters from the Copper House. On the green facade overlooking the alley, glass plates are fixed at different angles, in which the sky, city, greens are reflected.
Photo: andmarkre. ru
The facades are decorated with travertine in the design of the famous artist, sculptor and painter Yuri Weiss. Travertine for cutting was specially delivered from Iran.
The deposits there give the most interesting stone in terms of color: delicate, honey-beige, with dim veins.
Photo: arkrealty. ru
All five buildings of the Barkli-plaza are oriented with stone planes towards Ostozhenka, and glass ones toward the river. Therefore, when viewed from the opposite embankment, all five facades (three along the red line and two in depth) merge into one glass row, dark, in the color of river water. It turns out two types of surroundings and two types of facades, each corresponding to its context: urban "Ostozhensky" white stone, "river" glass.
Moreover, there is an intriguing space behind the glass, and the glass plane is heterogeneous, dark and light plates of different degrees of dullness alternate, forming an enlarged similarity to water ripples. An interesting fact: due to an error in the design, the building was moved five meters from the embankment.
Photo: cian. ru
The facade of the monolithic structure of six floors around the perimeter is lined with light marble of a rare warm hue, which is mined in the west of Portugal. Wide panoramic and narrow windows with French balconies alternate in a checkerboard pattern.
Shape - a rectangular trapezoid in cross section (on each floor there is one apartment with an acute angle).
The material was prepared with the help of the creators of the project Architects. rf. This is a free professional development program for architects, designers, urban planners and civil servants, which is implemented by the Strelka Institute for Media, Architecture and Design and the HOUSE. RF with the support of the Ministry of Construction of Russia.